[opencms-dev] chinese localization help

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Thu May 15 08:25:01 CEST 2003

Hi,

First you must OpenCms install in UTF-8 encoding. This is required for
asian language support. ISO-8859-1 is only for western european
languages.

When you create the localization property file, you must follow standard
java guidelines for localization. These require that localization
property files must be written in ISO-8859-1 encoding. You can create
the property file in e.g. UTF-8, but then you must first translate the
file with the native2ascii tool available in the Jsdk.

See

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/api/java/util/Properties.html#encodi
ng
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/tooldocs/windows/native2ascii.html