[opencms-dev] Setup question. "Could not connect to the database" error message.

Shailesh Gala skgala at yahoo.com
Thu May 15 21:51:01 CEST 2003

Hi all,

I was able to install OpenCMS successfully using the setup wizard. I can login
to mysql and can see OPENCMS database and all tables in it.  Bue when I try to
use OPENCMS by going to location
http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms/system/login, I get following error
message.

javax.servlet.ServletException: OpenCms initialization error!

Could not connect to the database. Is the database up and running?

I have made sure that TOMCAT is executing with -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1
option in command line. Also I have made sure the MYSQL service has been
started.

Anyhelp is appreciated.

Shailesh Gala