[opencms-dev] Static Export of JSP template based Page to Plain HTML file

David Seikel david.seikel at icemedia.com.au
Mon May 19 01:30:02 CEST 2003

Anil K Patel wrote:
> Is possible to export page as Plain HTML file that can be served using
> Plain Web server like Apache or IIS with no Servlet Engine.
>
> I need to be able to write Master Template and JSP Template and
> Navigation template using JSP in OpenCMS,
> If Body content is Plain text, Can Static export of OpenCMS generate
> Plain HTML file that can be served using Plain Web server like Apache
> or IIS with no Servlet Engine?

It doesn't matter what type of file it is, if there is no dynamic
content then the static export function will export it to a directory
that can be served by an ordinary web server.  You have a fine level of
control over this process with the caching system, so learning about
that would be helpful to you.