[opencms-dev] Rewrite and Alias in Apache

David Seikel david.seikel at icemedia.com.au
Thu May 22 03:21:00 CEST 2003

Mario Wallnofer wrote:
> Does anyone of you have experience setting up the Apache Webserver with
> Rewrites and Alias for working as described above.

I have left my notes at home, but I can tell you the important thing to
remember when dealing with Apache alias / rewrite / and proxy rules.

Order is important.
I cannot recall just now which order alias / proxy and rewrite modules
get called, sorry.
Alias and proxy rules will stop looking when they find a match.
Rewrite will keep looking after a match, stop looking, or loop through
again with the rewriten URL, depending on how you setup the matching rule.

If I remember, I will bring my notes with me tomorrow, as I should do
the same here anyway.