AW: [opencms-dev] compiling opencms with JBuilder 7

Le Tuan t.le at comundus.com
Thu May 22 14:44:01 CEST 2003

Helle Vassilios,

if u want to debug OpenCMS with Jbuilder and Tomcat. You should put this to
the file
{tomcat-directory}\bin\catalina.bat

set
CATALINA_OPTS=-classic -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1 -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.c
ompiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8000

and in the file  {tomcat-directory}\bin\startup.bat

set JAVA_HOME= {Ur JAVA-Directory}  (examples:
E:\Programme\JavaSoft\j2sdk1.4.1_02)

In JBuilder under  project properties->debug  you must activate the option
"extern error search"
"remote configurtations=connect
"host-name= ....... (Name of Server where tomcat is running)
"transport-typ=dt-socket"
"adress=800"

U have to start tomcat with  {tomcat-directory}\bin\startup.bat

Through these configurations, JBuilder listen what tomcat is doing.
If u are login in opencms, a Java-class of OpenCMS will be called. U can
set now a breakpoint to the class which is called by OpenCMS.

Mit freundlichen Gru?en

i.A. Tuan Le
IT-Consultant

comundus Unternehmensberatung GmbH
Schuttelgrabenring 3, 71332 Waiblingen

Tel:    +49 (0) 71 51-5 00 28-0   Fax: -99

www.comundus.com   www.comundus-e-quality.com