[opencms-dev] Installation encoding error

Sèbastien DESCAMPS sdescamps at net2s.com
Tue May 27 13:52:00 CEST 2003

Hi gremol,

I think that your opencmsuser is not properly configured.
In your DB mysql, you should have:
     table user
        localhost, opencmsuser, password, N, N, N, ...
     table db
        localhost, opencms, opencmsuser, Y, Y, Y, ...

--
Sebastien DESCAMPS
Stagiaire Net2s
sdescamps at net2s.com

I retested and I can connect to database using:

  mysql -h localhost -P 3306
  (then providing password)

and I can create the database using:

mysql> create database opencms;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.04 sec)

mysql> show databases;
+----------+
| Database |
| mysql    |
| opencms  |
| test     |
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

but the installation refuses to do the same.  What can be done?

thx,
Gerry Reno