[opencms-dev] Some noobs problem or bug ?

Alexander Kandzior alex at opencms.org
Wed May 28 12:19:01 CEST 2003

Tristan,

Your problem almost certainly relates to not having implemeted the
"right" methods for the ElementCache in your XMlTemplate output
elements. Try set element caching to "false" completly overwriting that
getCacheDrirectives() method in your XMLTemplate class, the default is
true. Check the mailing list or ye olde part of the PDF docs for details
about this.

For the rest it sounds that you are on the right track. Make sure that
your publishProject() method looks something like this:

    public static void publishProject(CmsObject cms, Boolean
enableHistory,
        Integer projectId, Integer versionId, Long publishingDate,
        Vector changedRessources, Vector changedModuleData) throws
CmsException {
        // Publish the ressources for this module
        CmsMasterContent.publishProject(cms,
enableHistory.booleanValue(),
            projectId.intValue(), versionId.intValue(),
            publishingDate.longValue(), getStaticId(),
getStaticCd().getName(),
            changedRessources, changedModuleData);
    }

Do not manually tamper with the master module tables. This spells
certain doom for OpenCms data consitency. Also, I am not sure but there
might be bugs in 4.7.7 related to the master module that have been fixed
for the 5.0 release.

Best Regards,
Alex.

Alexander Kandzior