[opencms-dev] OpenCMS hanging

Tristan Roddis tristan at roddis.org
Wed May 28 13:08:01 CEST 2003

Has nobody else ever experienced this problem? (OpenCMS hogging the port
and refusing to shut down when told to by Tomcat)

It's now occurring with alarming regularity and will mean that we cannot
go live as the site would not be able to stay up for more than 30 minutes
without a manual restart!

Furthermore, it seems to be happening on Windows too (OpenCMS 4.77 with
Tomcat 4.06 and JDK 1.4.1_02) - when it gets into such a state then no
browser can connect (gets stuck forever in 'Connecting to site...'), and
I cannot restart OpenCMS without manually killing the Java process.

Does anybody have any pointers and/or suggestions where to look for
debugging info? We tried downgrading the JVM to 1.3, but ran into problems
because a lot of the modules we wrote depend on methods from 1.4 :(

Many thanks,

-T.