[opencms-dev] Repost: Properties caching

ulrich.rueth at gmx.de ulrich.rueth at gmx.de
Wed May 28 16:55:01 CEST 2003

Hi all!
I repost this as there has not been an answer yet...
I have the following top level folder structure:
/myfolder1/
/myfolder2/
Each of those two folders has a property "articlesroot" with two different
values:

/myfolder1/ --> articlesroot="/system/modules/xyz1/"
/myfolder2/ --> articlesroot="/system/modules/xyz2/"

Inside each folder I place a html file which uses the same jsptemplate.
Inside this jsptemplate (located in /system/modules/mymodule/jsptemplates/) I
retreive the value of the property "articlesroot" by

cms.property("articlesroot", "search");

For the html file under /myfolder1/ the property value was correctly
retreived: "/system/modules/xyz1/".
Accordingly, for the html file under /myfolder2/ I expected the value to be
"/system/modules/xyz2". But this is not the case, it surprisingly is the
value from the property of /myfolder1/.

I now assume that I encoutered something like a caching problem. As I built
/myfolder1/ before /myfolder2/, the property value is somehow cached and in
the second case the cached value is delivered instead of the correct one.

Has anybody else encountered a problem like this? How can I solve it?

Thanks and regards,
Ulrich