AW: [opencms-dev] FW: java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class java.lang.reflect.Method can not access a member of class com.opencms.core.CmsShellCommands with modifiers "public"

hans huber hans.huber at virtual-identity.com
Thu May 29 17:38:02 CEST 2003

Hi Noel,

if you start your Tomcat by calling "startup.bat" (windows) or "startup.sh" (unix) you can set the JAVA_HOME environment variable pointing to the correct JDK at the beginning of "catalina.bat" ("catalina.sh" on unix).

E. g.

SET JAVA_HOME=D:\jdk1.4  (Win)

or

JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk14
export JAVA_HOME           (Unix)

You can set any additional parameters you will need for the JVM by setting the variable JAVA_OPTS (e. g. "-server" for the hotspot server JVM, if you specify nothing, the hotspot client JVM will be used, or "-Xint" will turn off hotspot).

Regards

Hans