[opencms-dev] install freeze @ "Importing workplace ... please wait"

Gene W Homicki gwh-opencms at spiders.com
Fri May 30 18:30:02 CEST 2003

 +---
 | I'm now installing it on an ISP which hosts with Apache Tomcat/4.1.24, MySQL
 | 3.23.54 and j2sdk1.4.0_01. I've tried the install several times, it always
 | stops/freezes at the same place, -- it says, "Importing workplace ... please
 | wait" but nothing ever shows up in the dialog box below.
 +---

I'm hitting a similar problem when using:
- FreeBSD 4.8
- JDK 1.4.1-p3,
- OpenCMS 5.0.0
- Tomcat 4.1.18 or 4.1.24
- IE6 or Mozilla 1.3 (among other browsers).

In Mozilla/1.3 (on MacOSX) and IE6, I will sometimes can get the
following in the status box (sometimes nothing appears as well):

3:      . Encoding set to      : ISO-8859-1
2:      . System file.encoding : ISO-8859-1
1:      . OpenCms encoding     : ISO-8859-1
0: %%% props: /home/web/opencms/webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/config/opencms.propert!

but nothing else. Tomcat goes pretty quiet at this point and does not
seem to be doing anything.

I haven't dug into the source very deeply yet to so see what might be
going on.

We're trying to evaluate OpenCMS for a pretty substantial project, so
any thoughts on what might be going on, or where to look would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Gene

Gene W. Homicki                             gwh at spiders.com
Objective Consulting, Inc.                  http://www.spiders.com/
Technology with Integrity                   voice: +1.914.524.4151x301