[opencms-dev] OpenCMS, Tomcat, Apache HTTPD and JK2

Paul Adams paul.adams at satsumas.com
Mon Jun 2 07:22:01 CEST 2003

I am trying to configure OpenCMS in the following environment --

Apache HTTPD Server 2.0.40 (Port 80)
Tomcat 4.1 (Port 8080)
JK2 connector (Port 8009)
OpenCMS 5.0 RC2 (Default URI -- localhost:8080/opencms/opencms)

The JSPs I want to execute are located in the VFS at:

/test.jsp
/my/app/results.jsp
/your/app/results.jsp

Online content is being statically exported and served from HTTPD OK.

However JSPs are a little problematic as requests are being redirected to a URI relative to the ROOT context under tomcat4/webapps. A test.jsp manually copied into webapps/ROOT is being served successfully from Apache via Tomcat, so I have verified that JK2 is working.

What do I need to change to get Tomcat to pass a JSP request to OpenCMS for serving from the VFS?

I've not been able to find any configuration documentation to help with the Apache/Tomcat/JK2 combination. I suspect I need to change something in the server.xml but am not sure what.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards
Paul Adams.