[opencms-dev] projectId of tempfileproject

Yasuhisa Itoh kumaneko at kumaneko.org
Mon Jun 2 17:40:01 CEST 2003

Dear all,

I found workaround for the exception below.

Exception:
com.opencms.core.CmsException: 0 Unknown exception. Detailed error:
Can not read projectId of tempfileproject for creating temporary
file for editing!

I have "GOOD" Solaris system with default setting(but rebuild by
source - binary distribution has same error. By rebuilding,
got well, somehow), and  some "BAD" Linux systems.
In opencms/WEB-INF/config/registry.xml, "tempfileproject" is set to
"3" on "GOOD" system. On "BAD" systems, null.

# Id 3 means "Offline" Project?

Edit registry.xml, restart Tomcat, then all my systems run well.
But I'm afraid that this workaround is not safe.
Do you know whether this is OK?

Regards
---
Yasuhisa Itoh