[opencms-dev] Still problems installing openCMS under Linux

Björn Aberti bjoern_al at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 3 09:40:02 CEST 2003

Hello everybody,

I'm using Suse Linux 8.1., Tomcat 4.1.18 and mySQL 3.32.52 and try to
install openCMS 5.
When wizard tries to create the tables of the opencms database, it says
'access denied for root at localhost'. What password do I have to enter at
'openCMS connection' and which user? Under Windows I had to let the password
field blank, and it worked. In my opencms.properties file also no password
is entered: 'pool.mysql.user=root' and 'pool.mysql.password='. Do I have to
enter a password here?

If I just continiue installation without creating tables, the install window
appears and nothing happens. I'm using the konqueror, and this is not the
problem with the refresh...

God, please support me with a good documentation for openCMS installation...

Thanks for your help

Björn