[opencms-dev] OpenCMS using Apache - JK2 - Tomcat

grenoml grenoml at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 3 19:41:01 CEST 2003

  I really need some help understanding how to use OpenCMS with an
environment consisting of the following:

   |--------------------------------------|
   | Machine 1:  Apache webserver         |
   | serves:     all static content       |
   |   e.g.:     css, all multimedia      |
   |--------------------------------------|

   |--------------------------------------|
   | Machine 2:  Tomcat servlet container |
   |             MySQL database           |
   |             Struts                   |
   | serves:     all dynamic content      |
   |   e.g.:     jsp, servlets, beans     |
   |             jsp templates            |
   |--------------------------------------|

  So ok, I put OpenCMS on machine 2 running under Tomcat and then what?
 How do I configure my sites so that their static content is still
served from Apache machine and only what is dynamic is served by
Tomcat.  Do all the pages/resources of all the sites need to be stored
in the OpenCMS database?  If so, then how do I publish the sites static
content out of the database and get it to the Apache machine?

  I have everything working great right now except I want to bring
OpenCMS into this picture but how do I do that?

thx,
Gerry Reno
(please cc: me I'm on digest - thanks)