[opencms-dev] Inserting content from the HTML Gallery

Nicholas Abboud nicholas.abboud at babelfish.com
Sat Jun 7 01:20:02 CEST 2003

Hello all,

The HTML Gallery in OpenCms looks like a great way to keep the same content
on different parts of the site but only have to make the change once. The
problem I'm having with the HTML Gallery, though, is that none of the
content I add to the Gallery seems to be able to be linked to any of the
pages I create.

I edit the page in which I'd like to embed the Snippet in the WYSIWYG
interface, and bring up the HTML Gallery pop-up .Once I bring up the right
gallery from the drop-down list, I click on the name of the Snippet I'd
like to link to the page and then ... nothing. What I can do is select the
text I want from the page and then drag-and-drop it into the editing
interface; I don't really like this way though, since it's basically the
same as having the same content spread out among pages rather than
centralized, which is a problem I'm trying to get around.

I suspected it might be my IE settings that were messing things up, but I
checked them against the specs in the OpenCms manual, and they should be
fine. (The only thing I don't have is that plug-in for the Source Code
editing interface, but for this particular problem, that shouldn't have any
effect.)

If anybody give me a bit of help here, it would be great.

Take care,
Nick

Nicholas Abboud
Software Developer
E-mail: nicholas.abboud at babelfish.com
780-944-9964 Main
780-432-5700 Fax

The Babel Fish Corporation

disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that
Le présent message électronique (y compris les pièces qui y sont annexées,
le cas échéant) s'adresse au destinataire indiqué et peut contenir des
renseignements de caractère privé ou confidentiel. Si vous n'êtes pas le
destinataire de ce document, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement
interdit de le diffuser, de le distribuer ou de le reproduire. Si ce
message vous a été transmis par erreur, veuillez en informer l'expéditeur
et le supprimer immédiatement.

www.babelfish.com