[opencms-dev] Where is News module for Opencms 5.0

Paul D. Bain paulbain at pobox.com
Mon Jun 9 18:59:01 CEST 2003

At Monday 6/9/03 12:16 PM, Anil Patel wrote:
>I am looking for News module for OpenCMS 5.0.
>Can somebody help to get it?
>Anil Patel

Anil,

         I have attached the file that Thomas Breder sent to the list on 15
May 2003. I believe that one of the included files has instructions on how
to install it.

-- Paul Bain

Here are Breder's instructions:

Hi all,

a minimum installation guide for the news module:

1. Unzip contents of the archive to a temporary directory, e.g. c:\tmp\news
2. Open a command shell
3. Change directory to c:\tmp\news
4. If your database is MySQL, you can run the following command to create
the necassary tables in your OpenCms database: mysql opencms < News.sql
5. Login to the OpenCms workplace.
Change to the Administration view.
Click on the icon Module management.
Click on the Upload module from icon.
Choose Local computer and press the Continue >> buton.
Specify c:\tmp\news\com.opencms.modules.homepage.news_1.1.zip as file
name. Press the Continue >> button.
7. Reboot your Tomcat!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Thomas Breder