[opencms-dev] Module source code -- How to compile

Paul D. Bain paulbain at pobox.com
Tue Jun 10 05:20:02 CEST 2003

At Monday 6/9/03 04:48 PM, Tim Mundy wrote:

>If I were to create my own module then, What steps would I have to take to
>compile the source files? I understand that the news module is not up to
>date, I'm only interested in the news module as an example module, my
>actual issue is knowing how to compile a modules source files in OpenCms.
>
>--Tim

Tim,

         I do not know the answer to your question. I have not actually
attempted to compile any of the source code, not even the source code for
the modules. I will probably attempt to do so eventually, in a month or
two. I am still trying to learn how to administer OpenCMS.

         The OpenCMS web site states that the "module mechanism
documentation . . . explains how to create a module, export it . . . and
import it. See www.opencms.org/opencms/en/download/modules (the heading
"module mechanism documentation").

-- Paul Bain