[opencms-dev] JSP template and static export link problem

blue bluey bluey70 at email.com
Tue Jun 10 13:05:02 CEST 2003

Hi All,

I'm converting my XML templates to JSP templates as recommended but encounter a problem during publishing static HTML pages or doing a static export with the link tag.

opencms.properties has been configured to use relative links in export.
For a html file /folder1/folder2/file.html
XML template uses
<LINK>/folder1/folder3/file.b</LINK>
produces
"../folder3/file.b" CORRECT
My JSP template uses:

"<cms:link>/folder1/folder3/file.b</cms:link>"
produces
"../../../../folder1/folder3/file.b" WRONG

Is this a known bug with the new link tag and if so is there a fix or workaround?

Should I stick with XML templates and abandon the more flexible JSP templates?

TIA