[opencms-dev] Communication Link Error

Brendon Price Brendon.Price at sytec.co.nz
Wed Jun 11 05:45:02 CEST 2003

Steve,

I haven't looked at this much myself, but It looks like it is set with the
opencms.properties file,
>From the source code of OpenCMS it says:

com.opencms.dbpool.CmsPool.java
/**

* Test the connection by executing an select statement. This is done

* only if the statement is defined in opencms.properties. Normally there

* is no need for this testing - but in difficult environments (like
firewalls)

* you can use it to find out whats going wrong.

* @param con The connection to test.

* @return true if the connection could be tested without an SQLException.

* Returns true if there is no test-statement defined in opencms.properties.

* Returns false if there was an SQLException by executing the statement.

*/

The property to use is shown here; but choose your own select query (keep it
simple).
pool.mysql.testQuery=select count(*) from CMS_USERS

Regards

Brendon