[opencms-dev] R: News module (for ver. 5.0) by Frittoli - Questions regarding

Andrea Frittoli lorblond at inwind.it
Thu Jun 12 19:31:01 CEST 2003

Hi, Paul (and list)

about the news module, I produced a version for OpenCMS starting from
the one for OpenCMS 4.6. I followed these steps:
- get the News Module for OpenCMS 4.6
- install OpenCMS v5rc2
- create a new module
- check all the old module XML file for the encoding
- check all the old module XML for changed links in the VFS, non
existents templates and so on
- update java file with a new package name
- try to compile java files against the new OpenCMS jar (v5rc2)
- resolve complile errors
- update each by each all files in the new module I created
- put the compiled java files (.class) under the WEB-INF dir of the
deployed OpenCMS web-app
- create two files workplace_en.properties workplace_it.properties for
the labels & so on and put it under the same WEB-INF directory

It seems to me that the module works quit fine, except for PDF dynamic
generation (it's annoying to find the rigth fop version, within every
new release some methods disapper, other changes signature, uff...).
It's not clear for me how to manage localization files :(

Open issue for me: Is it possible to build backoffice templates with
JSP?

I attach the module and the locale file
hopes it helps

andrea frittoli