[opencms-dev] element definitions in jsptemplate

Stephan Hartmann hartmann at waehrisch-feykes.de
Tue Jun 17 10:11:01 CEST 2003

the inclusion with
<cms:include page="template.jsp" element="elementname" />
means include everything from page "template.jsp" except template elements
with names other than "elementname".
This means you get your element and everything that is outside of
<cms:template> blocks.

conclusion: put erverything inside <cms:template> blocks.

Bye,
Stephan

Am Dienstag, 17. Juni 2003 09:33 schrieben Sie:
> Hi List,
> I have a little problem...
> I split a jsptemplate in template elements.
> When I try to use some of these elements in a jsp, what
> I see doesn't match with the template element definition in the jsptemplate
> but include page.jsp that is include in the jsptemplate too.
>
> May be I not defined well the elements...
> Here is a sample of my code:
>
> ******jsptemplate******
>
> <cms:template element="top">

> <head>
> <title></title>
> <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
> <META http-equiv="Pragma" CONTENT="no-cache">
> </head>
>   <!-- TOP -->
> cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
>
>           ******* HTML CODE *******

> </cms:template>

>     <cms:template element="body">
>           <cms:include element="body" />
>     </cms:template>
>
>     <cms:include page="../elements/page.jsp" />

> <cms:template element="foot">

>      ******* HTML CODE *******

> </cms:template>
>

> ******* simplejsp.jsp *******
>
> <%@ taglib prefix="cms" uri="http://www.opencms.org/taglib/cms" %>
>
> <cms:include property="template" element="top"/>

Stephan Hartmann

Währisch & Feykes GmbH
Gustav-Adolf-Str. 5
47057 Duisburg