[opencms-dev] Channels

Stephan Hartmann beffe at beffe.de
Wed Jun 18 23:48:01 CEST 2003

Hi Chase,

channels are just ordinary folders but under another root folder than
the virtual file system. The root folder for the vfs is /default/vfs/
while the root folder for channels is /default/cos/.
You can switch to the other context by calling
cms.setContextToCos()
Then you can read channels just as normal folders and also their
properties. The channel's id is also a property "channelid".
If you are ready with channels don't forget to switch back to the vfs by
calling
cms.setContextToVfs()

Bye,
Stephan