[opencms-dev] new project question

zhu wei dong donzhu2000 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 21 04:47:01 CEST 2003

hi

i follow your discussion about Apache&opencms configuration and run into
the same problem as you--can't login into opencms workplace.

Then i check the login template(/system/login/index) and find that
adjusting the url don't work also. The reason is:
  1)the login template use javascripts "window.open(URL, name, options,
...)"  to open a new window, Apache can't capture the URL in window.open()
function and rewrite it, so what the window shows is the still
"/system/workplace/action/index.html"--missing the context path and servlet
path.
  2)if adjusting the url in the login template, i had to adjust many urls
in the workplace--too many "window.open(URL, name, options, ...)". :(

  So, it seems that we are not in the correct direction.

  I wonder how the opencms website(www.opencms.org) sovle it.

Donald.

>From: "Bryan LaPlante" <blaplante at netwebapps.com>
>To: <opencms-dev at opencms.org>
>Subject: Re: Re[5]: [opencms-dev] new project question
>Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 12:14:10 -0500
>
>Oh right, I remember looking at the template that servers that up. Maybe
go
>in and look at the url for those frames and adjust the url used to load
the
>admin.
>
>Bryan LaPlante

LaPlante