[opencms-dev] Your article, "Nukes: the open source Java CMS"

Paul D. Bain paulbain at pobox.com
Tue Jun 24 06:24:02 CEST 2003

Marc Fleury,

	I recently read your article on your rewriting of PostNuke (written in
PHP) in order to transform PostNuke into a J2EE web application, which you
call "Nukes on JBoss" (hereinafter "Nukes"). The article is here:
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2003/06/04/nukes.html .  In the article,
you make an interesting claim, that Nukes is "the first _comprehensive_
open source, Java CMS engine on the market" (emphasis added). I consider
this claim interesting because I am learning OpenCMS (at www.OpenCMS.org),
a capable CMS that is released under the LGPL and written entirely as Java
servlets. OpenCMS predates Nukes considerably (OpenCMS was released years
ago), and I consider it to be comprehensive. Were you aware of OpenCMS when
you wrote your article, and, if so, do you consider it _not_ to be
comprehensive? The statement in the article implies that you do not believe
that OpenCMS is comprehensive.

	I am interested in reading your reply.

Sincerely,
Paul Bain