[opencms-dev] ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded

SebWazzup seb.wazzup at libertysurf.fr
Tue Jun 24 18:29:01 CEST 2003

Hello,

I've installed OpenCMS 5 with Oracle 8.1.5, and part of the setup was
stuck with ORA-01000 errors, leading to an uncomplete installation. For
exemple, the Workplace seems to work partially so I can add a new user
but not save it, and the default root project is missing. the error
occurs also while the workplace is running (yes, it runs)

During the workplace import step, many errors like this ocurred :

<<<<<<<<<<<<<
2007:	 ( 11 / 18 ) Importing
/system/modules/org.opencms.default/default_bodies/empty [CmsDbAccess]
com.opencms.core.CmsException: [com.opencms.file.oraclesql.CmsDbAccess]
ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded

Is it due to OpenCMS' java code which unproperly closes DB connections
or to a too low OPEN_CURSORS value on our Oracle BD ? Which max cursor
value is necessary to install and run OpenCMS properly ? I've read that
a typical value for OPEN_CURSORS in INITSID.ORA is 600 for a huge
database, mine is 50 and we're managing a pretty huge quantity data...

I've not yet looked at the DB part of OpenCMS code because absolutely
no-one has already mention such a bug in this mailing list, so I guess
that opencms developpers know how to close a jdbc connection :)

My system :

Solaris 7 sparc
Oracle 8.1.5 with a jdbc2 driver from 9i
Tomcat 4.1.24
java 1.4.1
opencms 5.0.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated.