[opencms-dev] Your article, "Nukes: the open source Java CMS"

Andreas Kuckartz A.Kuckartz at ping.de
Wed Jun 25 12:25:01 CEST 2003

There were several people who noticed the strange statements when the
article was published ("there was *no* open source Java CMS engine source
when we looked", emphasis in the original). There are of cause quite a few
Open Source Content Management Systems. See http://oscom.org/

Read the comments at the end of the article. Here are a few quotes from
"marcf":

"I knew the 'first open source java cms' line was going to come back to
haunt us."

"if we are talking about business, the basis of OSS sales is brand and URL.
By pushing our own branded solution to the CMS mess we hope to drive some
business as well. Building brand is business 101"

Andreas
(lurking here but more attached to Apache Lenya)