AW: [opencms-dev] upgrade from 5.0 beta to 5.0 final

Nikolai Neumayer spam69 at a1.net
Wed Jun 25 15:21:01 CEST 2003

Im not a professional, but this was a passable way for me to upgrade:

Export the following things:
- your Content
- your users
- your modules (if any)

Just to be on the safe side
- make a backup of OpenCms
- make a backup of your data base

Uninstall the old OpenCms.

Drop your database.

Install the new OpenCMS.

Import the previously exported .zip-files into the new OpenCms.

--> Done.

Maybe there is a better way of upgrading (hints are welcome) - but
this was my way.

Niki