[opencms-dev] Bug or feature?

Frank Wunderlich k.frank.wunderlich at gmx.de
Fri Jun 27 13:03:01 CEST 2003

Hi everyone,

I posted this already sometime ago, but didn't get any feedback on this
matter.
On Wednesday I submitted it to bugzilla, but I was told that this is not
a bug, but simply a misunderstandig of how to use the cms:include-tag.
Unfortunatly without any further explanation...

So if anyone could please explain me, why the following is not a bug,
and what exactly I am misunderstanding, it would really be of help:

I have got 2 editable html-pages, each with its own jsp-template.
page 1 shall display its content and additionally include page 2.

The problem: After the inclusion of page 2, the body-content of page 1
is not
accessible anymore. Instead of showing the bodycontent of page 1, the
bodycontent of the included page is shown again.

While the following works fine:

<cms:include element="body" />  <%-- The correct bodycontent of page 1
is displayed --%>
<% aCmsJspActionElement.include(uriOfPage2, "body"); %>  <%-- The
content of page 2 is inserted correctly --%>

This does not lead to the expected result:

<% aCmsJspActionElement.include(uriOfPage2, "body"); %>  <%-- The
content of page 2 is inserted correctly --%>
<cms:include element="body" />  <%-- The content of the included page 2
(and not page 1!) is shown again!! --%>

Any clue, what I am doing wrong?
TIA,
Frank.