[opencms-dev] Bean usage

Mark Miller mark.miller at hema.ch
Fri Jun 27 14:28:02 CEST 2003

Hi all,

A quick question about the beans in newshack . I have installed news and
newshack (ie. beans into their class folder) but when I try to use the
news.jsp page I keep getting a

Resource loader error in file '/system/modules/bla bla bla/news.jsp'

The news.jsp has the

<jsp:useBean id="newsBean" scope="page"
class="com.opencms.modules.homepage.news.NewsBean" />

and then first instantiates the object in the line

newslist = newsBean.getList();

which is where the error is occurring.

So it would seem that the class is not available, although I have
restarted tomcat ... any ideas ????

All the best,

Mark

PS. For those who like to answer with 'please search the ..', I have
tried searching the list using 'newsBean', 'Resource loader error' and
'news.jsp' .. But I didn't find anything . maybe I'm blind .. or deaf .
or something.