[opencms-dev] issues with OpenCMS

Rene Hinojosa R_Hinojosa at Cityofsouthfield.com
Fri Jun 27 16:43:01 CEST 2003

Greetings,

I moved DB servers recently and I've tried the sqldump method with problems also.

What I did do is create a new module and include all the html pages as a module dependency. The module setup lets you specify which directories your module will depend on. I choose the directory one level in(/internet) Then I exported the module which will zip up all the files including the content from /internet. Import the resulting file into the new vfs and everything should be good.

Rene

>>> martin.koeck at gmx.net 06/27/03 10:10AM >>>
Nicolas,

> Hi, After having fully developped my web-app, I've uploaded it to
> another server. For that, I've took the MySQL database and used a dump
> to reload the other side.

i guess you tried to move a complete site -- if thats the case i might
have something for you.

i tried to move a site by a complete mysqldump some days ago. to my very
surprise i had a lot of problems after that that i could not solve by
re-publishing, restarting tomcat etc etc

an excerpt from my list: wrong list of modules (where is the list of
modules kept ? not in the db ?), broken links to resources (message.key)
etc etc

my solution: besides export/import of db i copied the complete
<tomcat>/webapps/opencms to the target machine. is a terrible hack but
solved all the problems  :-)

BTW if anybody has a better idea for "move a complete site" i'd love to
know it.

HTH
--
martin