[opencms-dev] XML and XSLT within opencms

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Mon Jun 30 18:51:01 CEST 2003

As far as I know, this functionality does not exist yet. I'm working on
a module to do this, but it's fairly low priority for me right now, so
I'll tell you roughly what I was planning to do.

If you are interested in taking a fragment of XML and translating it
into a fragment of HTML to be included in a regular template, this is
relatively straightforward (from a developer's perspective) but it will
involve a little coding.

You'd want to create a new module and then add the Xalan package into
the library (http://xml.apache.org is home to Xalan. I'm sure you could
use another XSLT parser, too). You should then be able to create a JSP
that makes calls to the Xalan package to translate XML. If you store
your XML fragments in the CMS (I suppose the easiest way would be to
store them as text files), then you should be able to grab them out of
the CMS and pass them into Xalan.

I hope that helps a bit. You are welcome to email me on or off the list
to ask more questions.

Matt

M Butcher <mbutcher at grcomputing.net>