[opencms-dev] System Recomendations

Nathan Sweaney Nathan.Sweaney at okbu.edu
Mon Oct 6 15:54:01 CEST 2003

Hi All, I'm a relatively inexperienced web manager at a private
university who has been given the responsibility of developing a new
campus-wide site using OpenCMS.  I've read most all of the documentation
and have a temp system setup to get the feel of it, but I'd like some
real-user feedback.

Primarily, I was hoping for some advice on server setup.  Currently
we're looking at 3 HP-UX servers, one being a db/file server and the
other two being web servers with a load-balancer in front.  Does anyone
have any suggestions for or against this type of setup?  Anyone ever
used OpenCMS on an HP-UX box?  We're open to just about anything if
necessary, but would prefer to stay with HP-UX if possible for
consistency matters.

Also, what dbms is most recommended?  Are we better off with the
default MySQL or does it really matter?   Any we should stay away from?

Thanks

Nathan Sweaney
Web Content Manager
Oklahoma Baptist University