[opencms-dev] LDAP support

Nathan Sweaney Nathan.Sweaney at okbu.edu
Mon Oct 6 21:37:01 CEST 2003

I know it's possible to run Apache on a Netware server using LDAP for
authentication.  Is there any reason OpenCMS couldn't be run on that as
well?
Marcus, if you ever find a way to do this, please let me know.  I'll be
in your shoes in a few months.  :-D

Thanks
Nathan

>>> mredeker at web.de 10/03/03 01:42PM >>>
All,
I was just looking at the CVS repository of OpenCMS. In HEAD is a
properties file which has entries that show there is a LDAP user
authentication available. It points to a class starting with
"com.alkacon...". I guess that is something Alkacon programmed for a
client but did not make this available in OpenCMS yet. What is the
latest news about OpenCMS 5.1? Anything would be appreciated since I
don't want to invent the wheel twice :-)

Thanks,

--Marcus