[opencms-dev] DB2 database and opencms

Iops iops at gmx.de
Sun Oct 12 11:48:01 CEST 2003

Hi List!

I try to install opencms 5.0 on a DB2-Database Version 7.1 and encounter several
problems.

Surely I'm not the first with this problems and maybe someone can help
me a little.

I use the genericsql-resource-broker and changed the driver, the
url, the user and the password. Okay.

Then I created a database and tried the script db2.sql which can be
found in webapps\opencms\WEB-INF\ocsetup to setup the tables.

Can anyone provide further information about that script? It seems
that some tables - like CMS_WEBUSERS - are missing. Why?

I get an error whith the column-type blob in the db2.sql-script.
The database requires a LOB-length-parameter for every blob-type.
Does anyone know, what the correct LOB-length-parameter is?

After all(?) tables are set I start the setup-routine and want to import
the workplace.

This step doesn't finish correctly. The logging window says, there is an error
because of illegal parameters somewhere...

But I didn't find the position where the error occurs and I didn't
find the reason why the error occurs. Any hint?

Best regards,

Bernd Schlehbusch