[opencms-dev] integration of external user-directory in Open-CMS

Nathan Sweaney Nathan.Sweaney at okbu.edu
Tue Oct 14 15:44:02 CEST 2003

I've also been been looking for help with this.

I have one idea, but unsure if it will work or not.  I've seen an
Apache web-server installed on a Netware server in which Apache itself
used LDAP to authenticate visitors based on the Novell users &
limitations.  Would it be possible to run such a system allowing Apache
to handle the authentication through Novell, but somehow carry that over
into OpenCMS?

Nathan Sweaney
Web Content Manager
Oklahoma Baptist University
Nathan.Sweaney at okbu.edu
(405) 878-2506

>>> Iops at gmx.de 10/14/03 07:17AM >>>
Hi List!

I'm looking for an approach to integrate opencms into an
existing web-application with an own user-directory.

Best thing would be if opencms could use the existing user-directory
for the opencms-content-authentication.

Any suggestions?

Do I have to make massive changes to the opencms-core? Or is there some
kind
of interface?
In which way users are realised internally in opencms?

I've heard, that LDAP-Support will be coming in some forthcoming
opencms-releases,

Is it right, that my "problem" could be solved with LDAP-Support in an
easier way?

For any hints and comments thankful,

best regards,

Bernd Schlehbusch