[opencms-dev] MySQL access from OpenCMS JSP / Java Bean

Rene Hinojosa r_hinojosa at cityofsouthfield.com
Wed Oct 15 14:52:02 CEST 2003

Greetings,

I've written a hack to the news  module a while back and implemented
its own mysql access. It worked fine but using the opencms db
connection pool would be more efficient. Just look at the
ContentDefinition code (in the dbtab tutorial @
http://opencms.al-arenal.de) ContentDefinitions are basically Javabeans.

The setup and maintenance of using ContentDefinitons to handle db calls
is a lot easier.

Regards,

Rene