[opencms-dev] News 2.0 for Opencms 5.0

Trevor Lee Trevor.Lee at 4Loop.com.au
Thu Oct 16 07:11:02 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm relatively new to opencms.

I've downloaded the News module 2.0 and the news module with demo and
testing from the following site:
http://opencms.al-arenal.de/

I get two icons - news and telecms in the admin view.

I've modified the EditBackoffice file in
/system/modules/com.opencms.modules.homepage.news/administration/news/
to have the following values:

<inDateFormat><LABEL
value="com_opencms_modules_homepage_news_NewsBackoffice.inDateFormat"/>dd/MM
/yyyy</inDateFormat>
<outDateFormat><LABEL
value="com_opencms_modules_homepage_news_NewsBackoffice.outDateFormat"/>%D/%
M/%Y 00.01</outDateFormat>
<outStartDateFormat><LABEL
value="com_opencms_modules_homepage_news_NewsBackoffice.outStartDateFormat"/
>%D/%M/%Y 00.01</outStartDateFormat>
<outEndDateFormat><LABEL
value="com_opencms_modules_homepage_news_NewsBackoffice.outEndDateFormat"/>%
D/%M/%Y 23.59</outEndDateFormat>

Here are my questions:
1. When i edit a news item the start and end date calenders come up in a
language that isn't english.
How do i get the calenders displayed in english? (I'm in Australia).

2. Currently when i change the dates, I get the message "Please insert a
correct date!" being displayed.

3. I'm at a total loss as to how to retrieve and view news articles stored
in opencms.
Is there a sample html file that i can upload into one of my projects in
opencms that will demonstrate how to retrieve news items?

I've looked through the mailing list archive which is sometimes very hard to
decipher, let alone get an idea of what is happening.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Trevor