[opencms-dev] Re: News 2.0 for Opencms 5.0

Paolo Brunasti - Agora paolo.brunasti at agora.it
Thu Oct 16 10:10:02 CEST 2003

Hi Trevor !
I'm the last author of the module you are using, so I should answer your
questions, even if I've only a little time to.

1) you should edit the EditBackoffice file under \administration\news,
changing the values for these items:
      <param name=month1 value="Gennaio">
      <param name=month2 value="Febbraio">
      <param name=month3 value="Marzo">
      <param name=month4 value="Aprile">
      <param name=month5 value="Maggio">
      <param name=month6 value="Giugno">
      <param name=month7 value="Luglio">
      <param name=month8 value="Agosto">
      <param name=month9 value="Settembre">
      <param name=month10 value="Ottobre">
      <param name=month11 value="Novembre">
      <param name=month12 value="Dicembre">
      <param name=day1 value="Domenica">
      <param name=day2 value="Lunedì">
      <param name=day3 value="Martedì">
      <param name=day4 value="Mercoledì">
      <param name=day5 value="Giovedì">
      <param name=day6 value="Venerdì">
      <param name=day7 value="Sabato">
If I remember corectly, if you just cut them out you should have names in
english (actualy they are in italian ! :-) )

2) it must be a problem of date format of course.
Do you already have the allegated document "news-installation.txt" in the
latest version ?
Probably your system has an English date format setting, while the module
comes with an italian date format setting (again these mad italian settings
! :-) ), so the following parameters should be changed from
    com_opencms_modules_homepage_news_NewsBackoffice.inDateFormat=dd/MM/yy
    com_opencms_modules_homepage_news_NewsBackoffice.outDateFormat=%D/%M/%Y
00.01

com_opencms_modules_homepage_news_NewsBackoffice.outStartDateFormat=%D/%M/%Y
00.01

com_opencms_modules_homepage_news_NewsBackoffice.outEndDateFormat=%D/%M/%Y
23.59
into something like
    com_opencms_modules_homepage_news_NewsBackoffice.inDateFormat=MM/dd/yy
    com_opencms_modules_homepage_news_NewsBackoffice.outDateFormat=%M/%D//%Y
00.01

com_opencms_modules_homepage_news_NewsBackoffice.outStartDateFormat=%M/%D//%
Y 00.01

com_opencms_modules_homepage_news_NewsBackoffice.outEndDateFormat=%M/%D//%Y
23.59

Infact in italy we use to put day-month-year while in england it's
month-day-year sequence.

3) the samples should be in
system/moduledemos/com.opencms.modules.homepage.news
You could start from the ChannelOverview.html page and navigate the links.

Bye,
      Paolo

> From: "Trevor Lee" <Trevor.Lee at 4Loop.com.au>
> To: <opencms-dev at opencms.org>
> Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 14:40:12 +1000
> Subject: [opencms-dev] News 2.0 for Opencms 5.0
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm relatively new to opencms.
>
> I've downloaded the News module 2.0 and the news module with demo and
> testing from the following site:
> http://opencms.al-arenal.de/
>
> I get two icons - news and telecms in the admin view.
>
> I've modified the EditBackoffice file in
> /system/modules/com.opencms.modules.homepage.news/administration/news/
> to have the following values:
>
> <inDateFormat><LABEL

value="com_opencms_modules_homepage_news_NewsBackoffice.inDateFormat"/>dd/MM
> /yyyy</inDateFormat>
> <outDateFormat><LABEL

value="com_opencms_modules_homepage_news_NewsBackoffice.outDateFormat"/>%D/%
> M/%Y 00.01</outDateFormat>
> <outStartDateFormat><LABEL

value="com_opencms_modules_homepage_news_NewsBackoffice.outStartDateFormat"/
> >%D/%M/%Y 00.01</outStartDateFormat>
> <outEndDateFormat><LABEL

value="com_opencms_modules_homepage_news_NewsBackoffice.outEndDateFormat"/>%