[opencms-dev] Large number of users

Nathan Sweaney Nathan.Sweaney at okbu.edu
Fri Oct 17 18:15:02 CEST 2003

Thanks for the help.  I also would love to see some sort of open source
LDAP project started.

Nathan

>>> olli_aro at yahoo.co.uk 10/17/03 09:50AM >>>
>
> Olli, that sounds very much like what I'd like to do.  Being a
> university setting, our departments suggest very obvious breaks for
> different projects.  I'm still very new to OpenCMS, but what I'm
> understanding is that everyone in the department could be editors,
but
> there'd need to be one from each department that was a project
manager
> to actually publish content.  Is that correct?

Yes, what you want to do is to have a separate project for every
department,
and sign every project with its' own editor group and project manager
group.
We have done couple of small school implementations as well and this
is
exactly how we have set them up.

> Also, if you have that many users, have you found a way to use an
> existing user tree, or did you create them all specifically for
> OpenCMS?

We currently use OpenCms user management for this. However I also have
more
and more clients asking after LDAP integration, so would be useful if
the
opencms community could kick off a project on this (especially since I
read
from this list couple of weeks ago that Alkacon do have LDAP connector
for
OpenCms, but they are likely not going to release it as open
source)...

Olli
---