[opencms-dev] NewsHack.zip Help!!!!

Rene Hinojosa r_hinojosa at cityofsouthfield.com
Wed Oct 22 13:54:01 CEST 2003

Greetings,

On Tuesday, October 21, 2003, at 08:14 PM, Trevor Lee wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've installed the new News Module 2.1 and noticed the following:
>
> 1. When adding a new item the Release and Expire Dates are
> "0000-00-00" for
> the item even though the dates entered when creating the item are
> valid.
Try entering the dates in the following format YYYY/MM/DD

> 2. When editing a news item, the release and expire dates are always
> "0000-00-00" and you can't update this.
>
> 4. Is there a way to change the locale so that it's not US by default
> when
> displaying the dates?
Sorry didn't put anything in for locale but the format for US is
MM/DD/YYYY

> 5. I've copied news.jsp to the root directory of my site. I've also
> created
> another jsp file called myNews.jsp in the root directory of my site
> that
> contains the contents of jsptemplate_include.txt.
> Could you please explain the significance of index.html in the file?

The reference to index.html was to have a front page with editable
content and have a place for new headlines shown. Its just an exqample
and you can display your news any way or where you want.

> 6. Is there a javadoc for the new classes (Eg NewsContentDefinition)
> that
> describes the methods and objects contained?

Haven't gotten to writting the docs for the classes. Most of it was
written by Antonio. I will put in the docs on my methods shortly.

> 7. When I run myNews.jsp, I get the following error message....
> Root cause:
> org.apache.jasper.JasperException: FlexDispatcher: Dectected inclusion
> loop
> for target /myProj/myNews.jsp
> Any ideas? I seem to get this alot....
> Is there a general fix or things to consider?

Have you looked at your xmltemplate?

Regards,

Rene