Antw: [opencms-dev] About shared / virtual hosting and hardware requirements

Björn Schlueter bschlueter at lenord.de
Wed Oct 22 15:16:01 CEST 2003

Hi,

cannot help you on the hosting question, on the hardware requirements you might want to add some extra memory for dynamic pages. We are using opencms for 120 employees and 1GByte seems barely enough!

Regards
Björn

>>> iseec2k at telkom.net 22.10.2003 12:19:18 >>>

About shared / virtual hosting and hardware requirements

I have search the maillist... about possibility shared
hosting for opencms...I found that the limitation is
usually the webhoster don't give ability to restart
Tomcat.
It is right? So it is impossible with shared hosting?
If there is anyone had OpenCms implementation with shared
hosting please share your experience...

Also the hardware requirement info from OpenCms slide says
that standar spec for OpenCms is 1 Ghz processor with 512
Mb RAM.
It is for how many users? It is suitable for dynamic or
static content only?

Thank you very much...