[opencms-dev] OpenCMS Lucene Contribs

M Butcher mbutcher at grcomputing.net
Thu Oct 23 01:04:01 CEST 2003

All,

I've been very slow on getting version 2.0 of the Lucene search module
put in place, and a number of people have been creating patches that are
in demand. In an effort to bridge the gap between releases (and avoid
forking the project), I'm putting together a page of contributions that
people have made to the Lucene search module.

Here is the list:

http://aleph-null.tv/htmlArticle.php?doc=20031022-1630-773.xml

I know there is at least one patch that I forgot to include. If anyone
knows of some I've missed, please let me know.

What I intend to do going forward is to take Stephen Hartmann's version,
which contributes greatly to the flexibility of the module, and then
merge in Jens Rickhoff's multiple content body patch and Marcus
Redeker's  search patches. If any one feels like helping with this
merge, please do!

Also, as an aside, someone recently remarked to me that they were
creating a "proprietary" version of my module to sell to a client. The
module is under GPL, which means you are more than welcome to sell a
binary to a client, but you _must_ release the derrivative work and
source code under the GPL.

Again, I always welcome contributions to the module!

Matt