[opencms-dev] Wich is better? XML templates or JSP Templates?

Salvador Santander dominion.salvador.ext at juntadeandalucia.es
Thu Oct 23 10:30:02 CEST 2003

Hello, list, I need your expert opinion. We're developing on OpenCMS 4.6 and
using the XML templates and own custom java classes. Now, we're going to
migrate to OpenCMS 5.0 and I've seen that all the people are using JSP
Templates. I've seen some examples of JSP Templates and I think that JSP
Templates mix logic code with presentation code, I means, with XML templates
we've the logic code written in java classes and the presentation code in
XML templates, and the java classes are reusables in many XML Templates, and
I think that with JSP templates all is mixed in the template, isn't it?
Where can i found more documentation about JSP Templates?

My question are:
- In your opinion, what type of template is better? What are the advantages
and disadvantages?
- With OpenCMS 5, should we develop with JSP Templates?

I hope your opinion. I'll be very very thankful.