[opencms-dev] How to create a backoffice filter with a input box

Martijn Schiferli martijn at schiferli.com
Thu Oct 23 11:03:01 CEST 2003

Hi all,

While working on a new Backoffice module I came across the problem of
having a large number of records and the fixed filters(the one's you
don't need to give a parameter) where to limited. In the news module you
have the option to give a parameter. How can I realize that?

In my getFilterMethods methode I use the following code to incude the
filter methode.

            filterMethods
            .addElement(new CmsFilterMethod(
            "list Giving Result size and start ...",
            ContactContentDefinition
            .class
            .getMethod("getStartSizeContactList",
            new Class[] {Integer.class, Integer.class}),
            new Object[] {ListStart, ListSize},"30"));// 30 should be
the default number of records returned.

The function declaration look's like this;

            public static Vector getStartSizeContactList(Integer
StartContact, Integer Size )

Regards,

Martijn