[opencms-dev] User Limitation of OpenCMS

Kai Schliemann k.schliemann at comundus.com
Fri Oct 24 15:53:01 CEST 2003

Hi list,

does anyone have experience with a high number of users in OpenCMS? I know
that it isn't mainly a OpenCMS issue. It is rather a matter of the hardware
I use. Am I right?

So I am very interested in facts saying for example:

For 100 OpenCMS users(not site visitors) you need a 1 GHz machine with 512
MB of RAM.
For 1000 OpenCMS users(not site visitors) you need a 2 GHz machine with 1024
MB of RAM.

I know that this is very hard to tell.

But if I get enough numbers from different sources, I would be willing to
supply a document to the community telling what kind of machine I need for
different numbers of users.

Comments an recommendations are welcome.

Regards

Kai