[opencms-dev] create new Resource

Ernesto De Santis edesantis at fibertel.com.ar
Tue Oct 28 20:48:02 CET 2003

Hi all,

I have a large number of HTML pages to import into my OpenCMS site. I have
to apply a JSP template to all of these pages, and hence need them to be
imported as "page" type, not "plain" type. Am I right on this?

Importing files from a .zip file gives only three options: plain, binary and
image which is not useful.

Other issue arises with HTML format of the pages I need to import. They have
a standard HTML format, with tags HMTL, HEAD, BODY, etc. but the type "page"
in opencms requires the content within a CDATA field.

I can think of importing files with manifest.xml, and pre-processing these
imported files in order to move the content within BODY tag to a DATA field,
with a java class. This way, a template could be assigned at the moment of
importing and there would be no need to pre-process the files prior to
importing them.

- Can you think of a better alternative that could save me time or achieve
better results? Is there any problem ahead that I am not taking into
account?

Thanks in advance to all,
Ernesto.