[opencms-dev] User Permission's and Workflow

DDaniel at mmimail.com DDaniel at mmimail.com
Thu Oct 30 18:40:01 CET 2003

I am trying to use the workflow features.  I created a user and added them
to the  Project Manager group.  Then I created a user and added them to
the User group.  I then logged in with the user with Project Manager
rights and created a new project.  Then I logged in to the system with the
basic user, go to the project and try to create a new page.  When doing
this I get the error

com.opencms.core.CmsException: 1 Access denied. Detailed error: Error
while creating new Pagecom.opencms.core.CmsException:
[com.opencms.file.mySql.CmsResourceBroker]
/default/vfs/Project1/test.html. root cause was
com.opencms.core.CmsException: 1 Access denied. Detailed error:
[com.opencms.file.mySql.CmsResourceBroker]
/default/vfs/Project1/test.html. at
com.opencms.workplace.CmsNewResourcePage.getContent(CmsNewResourcePage.java:237)
at
com.opencms.template.cache.CmsElementXml.getContent(CmsElementXml.java:171)
at com.opencms.template.cache.CmsUri.callCanonicalRoot(CmsUri.java:185) at
com.opencms.template.cache.CmsElementCache.callCanonicalRoot(CmsElementCache.java:149)
at
com.opencms.launcher.CmsXmlLauncher.generateOutput(CmsXmlLauncher.java:285)
at com.opencms.launcher.CmsXmlLauncher.launch(CmsXmlLauncher.java:341) at
com.opencms.launcher.A_CmsLauncher.initlaunch(A_CmsLauncher.java:274) at
com.opencms.core.OpenCms.showResource(OpenCms.java:956) at
com.opencms.core.OpenCmsHttpServlet.doGet(OpenCmsHttpServlet.java:310) at

Any idea how to fix the problem?  What I am trying to achieve is the
ability to have a Project Manager create a project.  Then have some basic
users go and create/edit pages, then create a task to have the Project
Manager review/approved the pages and publish them.  The normal user
should NOT have the ability to publish a page.  Only the Project Manager
and above should be able to publish pages after they have been approved.

Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.

Dwayne