[opencms-dev] Connect multiple instances of OpenCms to a single database

Jon at oxfordnetworks.com Jon at oxfordnetworks.com
Fri Oct 31 16:41:01 CET 2003

Hello everyone,

I am attempting to connect two different instances of OpenCms to the same
database so that I can have one instance be the "editor" instance, while
the other instance is the "viewer" instance where users go to view the
website.  I originally had thought that this would work, and after
searching the mailing list archives did find one thread
(http://mail.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2003q2/005563.html) that
made me believe I was headed in the right direction.

The problem that I am running into, however, is that whenever I publish a
change in the "editor" instance, the change is not displayed in the
"viewer" instance unless I reload the context for the viewer instance in
the Tomcat Web Manager.  I have tried every possible combination of values
for enabling and disabling the flex cache, static export, and element
cache in the opencms.properties files for both instances.  I am running
the Tomcat 5.0.12Beta (have tried the binary and building from source),
and have tried this on the Tomcat 4.1.29 stable binary.  Anyone have any
ideas as to how to stop this behavior and make the changes appear
instantly?

Thanks,

Jonathan E. Dunn
Oxford Networks