[opencms-dev] Lucene 1.4 search issues.

Ben Rometsch ben at solidstategroup.com
Sat Nov 1 02:27:01 CET 2003

Hi,

I have been trying to get lucene to index binary documents, using the new
1.4 search module that has been provided by Stephan (many thanks, once
again).

I have made some changes to the main Document method BodylessDocument class,
so that the change to the method now reads:

public Document Document(CmsObject cmso, CmsFile f)
      .
	.
	.
        // Dump the file details into the body section
        doc.add(Field.UnStored("body", title + " " + description + " " +
keywords + " " + f.getName()));

        return doc;
    }

It's a bit of a hack, but it works. Binary documents are now indexed based
on their filename, title and description. The problem I have is that some
documents are not being indexed. I have two binary files, both with the
phrase "LEA" in the VFS filename. When I search on the string "LEA", only
one of the documents are being returned. Both files are in the same
directory, both are set to Binary and both have .ppt extensions.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? I'm at a loss to know
where to start debugging...

Thanks,
Ben